"If you’re trying to argue that sexism literally means, “to differentiate between genders or recognize gender categories,"
No no see people 100% of the time are a type of sexist that realises the genders have differences. Not the one that stereotypes men and women
"Sexism does not mean differentiating between gender. It means prejudice on the basis of gender."
Actually it means both of those things. Did you not read the definitions you gave me? See because if you lookhereit says “making a distinction”. So if you make a distinction between the sexes that’s technically discrimination and technically sexist.
LITERALLY RECEIVED THIS IN MY INBOX
Nora Ephron: Funny Feminist
In light of her passing, I’ve been seeing a lot of amazing quotes from her light up the Internet, and I wanted to compile them into a single inspirational post:
- “I am continually fascinated at the difficulty intelligent people have in distinguishing what is controversial from what is merely offensive.” (I’m so using this in the future for people who think they’re oh-so-brave for saying something “un-PC”)
- "Men dominate the conversations in Washington and therefore, as far as I am concerned, the conversations are far less interesting than those in New York.”
- "One of the things people always say to you if you get upset is, don’t take it personally, but listen hard to what’s going on and, please, I beg you, take it personally. Understand: every attack on Hillary Clinton for not knowing her place is an attack on you. Underneath almost all those attacks are the words: get back, get back to where you once belonged. When Elizabeth Dole pretends that she isn’t serious about her career, that is an attack on you. The acquittal of O.J. Simpson is an attack on you. Any move to limit abortion rights is an attack on you — whether or not you believe in abortion. The fact that Clarence Thomas is sitting on the Supreme Court today is an attack on you.” — ‘96 Wellesley commencement address.
- "Be the heroine of your life, not the victim."
- "Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was twenty-six. If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don’t take it off until you’re thirty-four."
- "When you slip on a banana peel, people laugh at you. But when you tell people you slipped on a banana peel, it’s your laugh.”
- "Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."
- "My mother wanted us to understand that the tragedies of your life one day have the potential to be comic stories the next."